Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Webinar & Details on NYS Small Business Recovery Grant Program
Webinar Details: The NYS COVID-19 Pandemic Small Business Recovery Grant Program was created to provide flexible grant assistance to currently viable small businesses, micro-businesses and for-profit independent arts and cultural organizations who have experienced economic hardship due the COVID-19 pandemic.
When: June 25, 11 A.M. to noon
Presenter: Huey-Min Chuang, Senior Director of Business and Economic Development at Empire State Development
What will be covered:
1. What is the grant program?
2. Who is eligible to apply?
3. How do you apply?
4. What amounts will be awarded if eligible?
5. What is the required documentation?
6. Use of funds?
7. How can you get assistance if you need help with the application?
8. Next steps.
Sponsors: KeyBank and SDG Law
Register: Click here
· The application portal for the $800 million New York State COVID-19 Pandemic Small Business Recovery Grant Program is now open and accepting applications. More information and the application process can be found HERE.
· This aid could be used to help employers finance operating expenses incurred during the pandemic between March 1, 2020 and April 1, 2021 and can be used to cover:
· Payroll costs,
· Commercial rent or mortgage payments for NYS-based property,
· Payment of local property or school taxes,
· Insurance costs,
· Utility costs,
· Costs of personal protection equipment (PPE) necessary to protect worker and consumer health and safety,
· Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) costs,
· Other machinery or equipment costs, and
· Supplies and materials necessary for compliance with COVID-19 health and safety protocols
· Eligible small businesses are defined as:
· Those with 100 or fewer employees,
· Organized under the laws of New York State,
· Is independently owned and operated, and not dominant in its field.
· Eligible “for-profit independent arts and cultural organizations” are independently operated live-performance venues, promoters, production companies, or performance-related businesses located in New York State with 100 or fewer employees, excluding seasonal employees.
· Eligibility requirements include:
· Entities must have begun operation on or before March 1, 2019 and continue to be in operation as of the date of application (maybe shuttered due to COVID restrictions),
· Have to show a reduction in gross receipts of at least 25% from 2019 to 2020 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic or compliance with COVID-19 health and safety protocols which resulted in business modifications, interruptions, or closures.
· Show gross receipts between $25,000 and $500,000 for 2019 and 2020, and
· A positive net profit for 2019.
· They must not have qualified for assistance programs under the federal American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 or other available federal COVID-19 economic recovery or business assistance grant programs above certain thresholds (received more than $100,000 of a PPP grant or loan).
· Grant amounts range from $5,000 to $50,000 based on the entity’s annual gross receipts.
· Interested businesses are urged to submit applications as soon as possible, due to limited funding. This is not a “first come, first serve” program. Instead, applications will be evaluated based on business attributes set by the legislature, and priority will be given to socially and economically disadvantaged business owners including, but not limited to, minority and women-owned business enterprises, service-disabled veteran-owned businesses, and veteran-owned businesses, or businesses located in communities that were economically distressed prior to March 1, 2020.
Dutchess County Small Business Micro-Marketing Assistance Program:
Title: Small Business Micro-Marketing Program
What: Dutchess County Government, Think Dutchess, Dutchess Tourism and the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce have teamed up to launch a “Micro Marketing” COVID recovery program. This program will provide support for small, independent businesses in Dutchess County to learn marketing best practices and funding to promote their business on digital platforms to increase visibility and expand their customer base.
Eligibility: Businesses operating exclusively in Dutchess County with 20 or less employees affected by the pandemic — either forced closed or with limited operations based on state Covid restrictions.
Informational Webinar Recording: The recorded webinar provides details about the program and explains how businesses can participate in it. You may watch the recording HERE.
Application: To apply click HERE.
Full Press Release: Click HERE.
COVID resources for your organization
· NYS Small Business Development Center has published a list of micro-grant and micro-loan programs for pandemic relief. View it HERE.
· The U.S. Small Business Association has created a streamlined webpage of federal resources which you can find HERE. It includes:
· Funding options
· Tax credits and tax filing help
· Contracting assistance
· And more!
· 2020 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
· NYS Homes & Community Renewal (HCR) is pleased to announce the opening of the 2020 NYS Community Development Block Grant Program competitive application for Public Infrastructure, Public Facility and Community Planning projects and open round application for Economic Development and Microenterprise activities.
· CDBG Economic Development, Small Business & Microenterprise Application materials are available now. Applications for Open Round Economic Development and Microenterprise applications will be accepted throughout 2021 with rolling awards.
· $17 Million in Funding Available for New York Communities' Climate Goals
· NYSERDA’s Clean Energy Communities Program Can Help You Reach Your Community’s Climate Goals
· Learn more about how the program works or connect with your Clean Energy Community Coordinator to get started
· Find a Coordinator here
· U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Coronavirus Relief
· Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
· First Draw PPP Loans for first-time program participants.
· Second Draw PPP Loans beginning January 13, 2021, for certain businesses who have previously received a PPP loan.
· COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
· Shuttered Venue Operators Grant
· NY Forward Loan Fund (NYFLF) provides flexible and affordable loans to help small businesses, not-for-profits, and small residential landlords.
· Central Hudson’s Back to Business funding program has committed up to $1 million in economic development support to provide local small businesses with grants to help pay down new working capital loans taken with participating local banks.
· Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) application portal
· ESD COVID-19 Business Resources
· NYS Council on the Arts (NYSCA) COVID-19 Relief Funds and Business Support
· Pursuit Lending COVID-19 Resources for Businesses
· Community Capital of New York COVID-19 Resource Page: Community Capital New York is a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
· Kiva Lending
· New York Power Authority’s (NYPA) ReCharge NY Program
· Federal Grants
Technical Assistance for Businesses:
· Mid-Hudson Small Business Development Center: Serving Dutchess, Orange, Sullivan, Ulster Counties
· Rockland Small Business Development Center: Serving Putnam, Rockland, Westchester Counties
· Women’s Enterprise Development Center COVID-19 resources
· COVID-19 Business Mentor NY Volunteer Task Force: New York State has partnered with business leaders to create a dedicated group of volunteers across different NYS industries – from law firms to financial professionals – to assist business owners with questions related to the impact of COVID-19.
· Empire State Digital: Connects New York-based small businesses with the education, access, and resources needed to digitize, expand and adapt to the new economy due to the changes from COVID-19.
· New York Forward Small Business Lease Assistance Partnership: The initiative provides commercial tenants and small business landlords with pro bono legal services, and the information needed to reach a mutually agreeable lease renegotiation.
· SBA’s Ascent: Free learning platform for women entrepreneurs
· Fuzehub: Resources for NYS Manufacturers
· Business Express: Your Guide to Doing Business in New York State
Resources for Employers/Employees:
· A "Return To Work Waiver" for businesses to use for both employees who have tested positive and those who have come into close contact with someone who has tested positive can be found HERE.
· Dutchess Business Notification Network Buy Local PPE Supplier List
· NY State of Health: Shop here to see what health insurance options are available to you, your family, and your business
· Child Care: Parents in need of free child care resources and referrals are encouraged to visit www.HVChildCare.org, where they can enter their zip code to immediately find the name and contact information of the agency that serves their location.
· U.S. Department of Labor Eligibility for Paid Sick Leave Tool
· NYS DOL FAQ for Employers with COVID-19 related Questions
· New York State Jobs Express: Employers with job openings can post their open positions, and individuals looking for employment can search for opportunities on the NYS Department of Labor’s Jobs Express website.
· NYS Office of General Services: Guidance on Doing Business with New York State
· Thomas COVID-19 Response Supplier program: If You Can Help Supply Critical PPE Products, Sign Up HERE.
· NYS DOL Shared Work Program: New York State’s DOL Shared Work Program helps businesses manage business cycles and seasonal adjustments. Shared Work lets businesses keep trained staff and avoid layoffs. Employees can receive partial unemployment insurance benefits while working reduced hours. Full-time, part-time and seasonal employees are eligible.
· IRS FAQs for COVID-19 Related Tax Credits for Required Paid Leave Provided by Small and Midsize Businesses
Resources for Individuals:
· New Tool to Help New Yorkers Access Critical Social Service Benefits Here
· For Job Seekers:
· NYS Department of Labor’s Jobs Express website
· SUNY Online Training Center – Free skill-building, college prep, and employment certification programs with one-on-one career coaching
· Free Online Platform for New Yorkers to Learn New Job Skills, Earn Certificates & Advance Their Careers: Create a free account with Coursera HERE
· Dutchess One Stop Career Center - Free employment-related services for employers and job seekers including job postings, job fairs, resume help, interview skills, and online trainings with Coursera. For individuals that meet the eligibility requirements, funding assistance for training and on-the-job training opportunities are also available. Transportation assistance (defensive driving courses, DMV registration, auto insurance assistance and more) is offered for qualified individuals
Hudson Valley list of local PPE suppliers: CLICK HERE
County Executive Marcus J. Molinaro, County Executive (R)
22 Market Street, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
County Legislature A. Gregg Pulver, Chairman (R)
Carolyn Morris, Clerk
22 Market St., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Toll Free: 866-694-4800
County Clerk Bradford Kendall, County Clerk (R)
Toll Free: 866-694-4700
Records Room: 486-2125
Comptroller Robin Lois, Comptroller (D)
Sheriff's Office Adrian Anderson, Sheriff (R)
150 North Hamilton St., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Sheriff’s Tip Line: 845-605-2583
NYS Sheriffs' Victim Hotline: 888-846-3469
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo (D)
Albany, NY 12224
Pete Harckham (D, WF) - 40th District
188 State Street, Legislative Office Bldg
Albany, NY 12247
Susan Serino (R) - 41st District
617 Legislative Office Building
State Assembly Assemblymembers:
Kevin A. Cahill (D) - District 103
716 Legislative Office Building
Albany, NY 12248
1 Albany Ave., Governor Clinton Bldg., Suite G-4,
Kingston, NY 12401
Jonathan G. Jacobson (D) - District 104
435 Legislative Office Building
154 North Plank Road, Suite 2
Newburgh, NY 12550
Kieran Michael Lalor (R) - District 105
531 Legislative Office Building
Albany, NY 12248
1075 Rt. 82, North Hopewell Plaza, Suite #1
Hopewell Junction, NY 12533
Didi Barrett (D) - District 106
553 Legislative Office Building
12 Raymond Avenue, Suite 105
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
President Joseph Biden (D)
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, D.C. 20500
Federal Senate Representatives:
Kirsten E. Gillibrand (D)
Washington, D.C. 20510
Charles E. Schumer (D)
322 Hart Senate Office Building
Federal Congressional Representatives:
Sean Patrick Maloney (D) - 18th District
2331 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
123 Grand Street, 2nd Floor
Antonio Delgado (D) - 19th District
1007 Longworth HOB
Washington, DC 20515