With over 167 miles of roadways contained within 37.6 square miles, the responsibilities of the Patrol Division are the primary activity of the Town of Hyde Park Police Department. The duties of uniformed personnel include:
- Responding to all calls for service - those which come directly into the Town of Hyde Park Police Department, and those which come through Dutchess County 911 that are in the Town of Hyde Park.
- Patrolling the neighborhoods and businesses in the Town.
- Assisting the Fairview, Roosevelt, Hyde Park, Staatsburg, West Clinton and Pleasant Valley Fire Departments, and Northern Dutchess Paramedics with fire and medical emergencies.
- The enforcement of all applicable laws of the State of New York.
- The enforcement of New York State Vehicle and Traffic laws.
- Executing warrants in the apprehension of wanted persons.
- Working closely with the Dutchess County Sheriff's Office and the New York State Police.
- Working with the United States National Park Police in the protection of the historic sites in the Town.
- Working with various other agencies including the Dutchess County Child Protective Services and Department of Mental Hygiene.
This site uses links to PDF files. In order to view them you must have a PDF reader. For more information,
Last updated at Monday Dec 29, 2014 09:25:33