The Town of Hyde Park Police Dispatchers perform some of the most important tasks within the department. They are trained professionals committed to assisting the public by gathering and distributing information quickly and efficiently. Their main responsibilities include:
- Receiving calls for service and information from the public, other emergency services and units on patrol.
- Recording, prioritizing and assigning calls for service.
- Receiving, monitoring and replying to patrol radio traffic.
- Entering and relaying requests for data from NYSPIN (New York Statewide Police Info Network).
- Entry and maintenance of the police blotter and other police records.
If you are reporting an emergency please identify yourself to the dispatcher and provide a return phone number in case of disconnection. Try to have the following information available:
Return to the Police Department Home
- WHERE - where is the incident occurring?
- WHAT - what is happening?
- WHO - who are the suspects or victims?
- WHERE- where is the incident taking place?
- WHEN - is it occurring now?
- WHY - do you know why?
This site uses links to PDF files. In order to view them you must have a PDF reader. For more information,
Last updated at Monday Dec 29, 2014 09:25:34