Home Security Check
Child Seat Safety
If you are going away on vacation and your home will be unoccupied, you can ask the police department to check on your residence. Call or visit the Police Department and fill out a Security Check form or print the (PDF)
Child Seat Safety
Motor vehicles crashes remain the leading cause of death for children between the ages of 4 to 14 years in the United States.
Recognizing that a PROPERLY INSTALLED child safety seat can considerably reduce the chances of children being killed or injured in a motor vehicle accident, the Town of Hyde Park Police Department has specially trained and certified Child Restraint Safety Technicians. Please call the Department to schedule an appointment.
Over 40,000 people have their identity stolen each year, costing consumers and the financial industry billions of dollars.
To protect yourself against identity theft:
- Never provide personal, bank account or credit card information to a telephone solicitor. Ask that information about their product or service be mailed to you.
- Destroy documents (once they are no longer needed) that have personal and financial information such as ATM receipts, old insurance forms, expired credit cards and especially pre-approved credit card solicitations. It is best to shred these documents; do not simply discard them in the trash.
- Keep personal information in a safe place. Keep a list of all credit cards, account information, expiration dates and customer service numbers so you can report lost or stolen cards quickly.
- Protect your social security number. Release it out only when necessary. Ask to use other forms of identification if possible. Do not keep your Social Security Card in your wallet.
- Protect your passwords and PIN numbers (Personal Identification Numbers). Do not use easily discovered numbers and words such as the last four digits of your social security number of phone number. Do not keep a list of PIN numbers in your wallet.
- Review your credit card statements monthly and your credit report at least once a year.