Hyde Park, New York
Quick Links


Building permits can be obtained from the Building Department.

Handicap Parking Permit

An application for an Accessible Parking Permit for Those with Severe Disabilities  [ PDF file  may be downloaded as a PDF file or is available from the Town Clerk. Applications must be completed by the applicant and his or her physician and returned to the Town Clerk's Office. You must be a resident of the Town of Hyde Park to obtain an Accessible Parking Permit for Those with Severe Disabilities at the Hyde Park Town Clerk's Office. Temporary and permanent permits are issued according to the specifications of attending physician. Applicant must present a NYS Drivers License or NYS Department of Motor Vehicle non-driver ID.


Marriage License

The license required for marriage in New York State must be obtained at least 24 hours in advance of the wedding and is only valid for 60 days. The applicants must both apply in person. All applicants must have either an original birth certificate or a certified copy of a birth certificate AND either a driver's license which shows the date of birth or a passport. If the person or persons applying for a marriage license have been previously married, original divorce papers ending any and all previous marriages must be presented. If any previous marriage was terminated due to the death of a spouse, an original death certificate for that deceased spouse must be presented. The fee for a marriage license is $40.00, payable in cash or by local check. Marriage licenses are issued between 9:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday when town hall is open.

Dog Licenses

All dogs over the age of 90 days must be vaccinated for rabies. All dogs must be licensed by 4 months of age. The fee is $15.00 for a dog that has been spayed or neutered and $23.00 for unaltered dogs. For owners who are at least 65 years old, the fee is $7.00 for a dog that has been spayed or neutered and $13.0 for unaltered dogs. Applicants must submit a rabies vaccination certificate and neutering/spaying certificate along with the appropriate fee.

Hunting and Fishing Licenses

Licenses are issued between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Sportsmen should bring their driver's license and either a previous hunting license or a hunter education certificate when applying. The fee varies depending upon the type of license issued. Additional information is available at

Sign Permits

Sign Permit Applications [ PDF file  can be obtained from the Zoning Administrator.

This site uses links to PDF files. In order to view them you must have a PDF reader. For more information, click here.

index sitemap advanced
site search by freefind
© Town of Hyde Park NY

Last updated at Sat Jan 31 09:59:07 2015